Thumper has completed All About Spelling 2 yesterday. For the rest of the week we are just reviewing key cards, phonogram cards, and word cards. I think instead of moving to Level 3, we are going to go over words from AAS1 and AAS2. I'm not in any big hurry to get him into level three yet. I much rather know that he is absolutely ready to move on and I don't feel that way yet. He is an almost natural speller. He rather study like it was a spelling bee than writing it down! But he has kept up with his AAS notebook for each step. You can see the one I made for him on "1st Grade Learning" page.
We finshed Saxon Math before December and since then we have been just reviewing math facts using his flash cards, XtraMath, and Right Start Games. He has been doing his calendar wall each day, too! I already had Saxon2 for him to start but then I discovered Math Mammoth and even though I think Thumper would learn better with more review, Math Mammoth was just too inticing. I love the simplicity of it but it is mastery based and that's not what Thumper needs. So right now we are using Math Mammoth Grade 1, Saxon 2, and filling in gaps with ixl.com & Right Start games. I know it seems like a lot of MATH but we don't use it all in one math lesson. Much of the beginning of Saxon 2 was review of Saxon 1.....so I gave Thumper the first written assessment in the book and he didn't have any problems with it! This morning we had our first lesson with Lesson 11 instead of 1. This afternoon he did a little bit of Math Mammoth independently, too. I will probably save Fridays open for just math games and math facts. That's the plan right now but we homeschoolers know that everything is subject to change without notice!:)
Yeah Thumper!! Great work...that is so good that he can spell without having to write it out...and math is so important and I don't think you can have too much math, nana
ReplyDelete