Bambi and Thumper have enjoyed studying Earth Science lately and have learned a lot. It's been quite a bit of planning on my part because I choose not to purchase a science curriculum. We are working with the resources that we have and it's turning out to be a great science year with the two of them. I started out separating their Science, but it was just too much to flip flop back and forth. So they do it mostly together. Bambi will read harder selections and Thumper will join in with his own younger version book about whatever topic we are studying. I've posted some pictures of what they have been doing for science class. Thumper is always doing some sort of science and it would be nearly impossible for me to capture it all!
Julie (Bambi's American Girl doll) joined us for Science today!
What is soil? How do you make soil? What is in soil and how are they different? We compost, so this was nothing quite new for them, but it still gave them a chance to observe and make conclusions.
I've been trying hard to remind Bambi to show neat work and take pride in her work. She has been showing improvements in those areas lately and I'm proud of her!
Science is Thumper's favorite lesson! He has really beefed up his writing lately and has stretched out of his comfort zone at times! Love it!
We've been discussing how rocks can crack due to extreme change in temperatures. We took a glass marble and held it over a candle flame for a couple minutes. Then the kids immediately dropped it in an ice cold glass of water. There we watched it crack inside. Pretty cool experiment!
We have been learning about Earthquakes. We've watched videos from Netflix and Discovery Education .....We read about vibrations and seismic waves.....we are reading quite a bit about earthquakes. Everywhere we go lately they notice a book or movie about earthquakes and I watch their little wheels turn!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!