American History With Notebooking, Crafts, Timeline, and More......
We are using Sonlight History Readers, Read
Alouds, and student readers. We are adding different books, readers, and read
alouds that we like better. I've decided to not use the Landmark book from SL
Core D for Bambi because she just was not getting into it as planned. I am
using the Complete Book of United States History and DK Children's Encyclopedia
of American History. We read, make crafts using History Pockets, Notebooking
pages, timeline, and cook our way through American History. We have all the
Liberty's Kids Videos and get on Discovery Education frequently. We are just
making it up as we go and plan to learn a lot! I won't show all of the crafts,
notebooking pages, etc. because there is so much of it.....I will along the way
display some of her favorites though!
I found a map of North America and had Bambi show the different regions of Indian Tribes. She is now working on a comparison chart of each tribe describing their food, clothing, & shelter. She has done well! She will continue filling in her comparison chart as we learn about each tribe next week. I look forward to our crafts next week as I know she will, too!
I found a map of North America and had Bambi show the different regions of Indian Tribes. She is now working on a comparison chart of each tribe describing their food, clothing, & shelter. She has done well! She will continue filling in her comparison chart as we learn about each tribe next week. I look forward to our crafts next week as I know she will, too!
Weeks 1-2
For our Read Aloud this week, I choose not to read Walk the World's Rim from Sonlight. Instead, I'm reading Crazy Horse & Favorite North American Indian Legends.
Making a Navajo Necklace! Dying her pasta...she wanted blue but it ended up green!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!