Monday, February 24, 2014

Greek Feast!

We have been learning so many great things about Ancient Greece!  We are coming to an end with Greece and decided to throw a little Greek Feast.  To prepare for this feast, the kids researched some foods that were eaten in that time period.  We made a field trip to our Greek Market to see some of the products from Greece.  There was a lovely lady that worked in the bakery that gave the kids a lesson on Greeks while I shopped!   We also found some music that the Ancient Greeks may have listened to and of course we dressed the part!  Plenty of activities after our yummy feast!





 Greek Sweets!













 Greek Rose Water.... it wasn't as good as we thought!  I would suggest adding it to a beverage, like lemonade.  Don't drink on its own!

The feast begins!

Ionic Column


Eating like the Greeks!

Making eyeballs for the "Cyclops" game!  Pin the Eye on the Cyclops!






 Greek Designs........ Painting terra cotta pots.



1 comment:

  1. I loved your Greek feast, everything looked wonderful, from the food, costumes, crafts and games... I know they had so much fun, lucky kids....Nana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!