It's been a couple weeks since I've posted or updated the learning pages. I almost can't believe that we are in Week 4 of school! The kids are learning a ton and are still enthusiastic as Day 1!! Yay!!
So, on to the topic of SCIENCE! I try to combine Thumper & Bambi for science as much as I can.
On Monday, they both worked together to build a terrarium of living and non-living things. They really enjoyed this! We used one of those enormous containers that held animal crackers that we had purchased from Sams Club. We layed it on it's side, added soil, sand, bark, moss, little plants they found in the yard along the edge of the woods, rocks, sticks, and then sprayed with water. We are slowly adding living creatures.....snails, crickets, etc. They enjoy checking up on their terrarium throughout the day! Thumper drew a picture of his terrarium in his Science Log & Bambi filled out her own Science page that she created!
On Wednesday, we ventured into the discussion about habitats (ecosystems/biomes).....Bambi filled out a map of North America showing where different ecosystems are located. She also jotted down on the back facts about our Water Ecosystems. She then watched some videos on Discovery Education to go along with what she is learning!
Thumper is starting a Habitat Log in his Science Notebook. He wanted to start with the Desert Habitat....I added pictures to his learning page of the Sponge Cactus experiment he enjoyed to help him understand about water and desert plants. We are using Evan Moor's Habitats book along with Animal Habitat's and A Desert Scrapbook.
I haven't updated the CPO page for the Investigations 2A and 2B.....We have not even done them yet, due to Daddy being really busy with work and other life issues. Flower is just reviewing the reading portion of Chapter 2....making sure she took adequate notes.....watching science videos with The Happy Scientist & Discovery Education.....and studying her terms for Chapter 2 Sections 1.1 and 1.2.
I am hoping that we will get to the Investigations next week! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I will post on Flower's page at the end of the week to show how Sonlight Core G is going!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!