Thursday, August 16, 2012

Legends & Leagues Geography Review

This week I started reading "Legends & Leagues" by Veritas Press.  I was a little skeptical at first but as we were reading the book, Thumper was so energized about it!  It is humorous and engaging for my 6year old.  So, yesterday we started working on the activities in the workbook portion of Legends & Leagues.  Thumper cut out the paper dolls of Mr. Longitude and Mr. Latitude, which totally makes since to him now, and glued them on paper towel/toilet paper rolls.  They are adorable!  I really like how an activity goes along with each page of the reading book.  Today we talked about the Strip Map and he drew his own of our house leading to the shed.  He really got into it! Check it out on his 1st grade Learning Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!