Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spanish

We have decided to use Getting Started with Spanish this year.  I bought it last year and we never got around to using it.  We will do this together as a family 3-4 evenings a week.  So we have to turn off the phones, computers, & tv's to get this done!  So for our first week of school we have gotten through Lessons 1-6.  They are pretty short & sweet but I am assuming it will ramp up by mid year.
We got each child a workbook to use as well so they can practice more spanish terms.  I am ordering the Easy Spanish Phrase Book from Amazon as a quick reference tool.

I am excited to do this with my family!  I feel like we will all learn more & quicker as a team!

Each of us keep notes for each lesson to study on days we don't have Spanish.


Getting Started With Spanish  is full of free Mp3 download files to listen to the author, a native speaker, pronounce all the exercises for you. This may be extremely useful when we get deeper into the book.

I am not sure why this picture is uploading in a different position, but I'll add a link from Amazon so you can see it better.  

Both by Carson Delosa


Some other resources that I will throw in this year are Salsa videos and Discovery Education's Elementary Spanish videos.  You can see these links on the right hand side of the blog under a "Handy" column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!