Thursday, January 15, 2015

Borax Ornaments & Such....

I've been updating Thumper's Science Page, ES Grammar Bio, and it got me thinking that I never posted our ornaments that we made this year for our Christmas Tree. ( We got the idea from the Logic Stage Chemistry book).

I didn't post ANY pictures of us doing festive activities.  I guess it's not too late!  We volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House this past December and baked cookies for the guests staying there.  We baked & created A LOT at home....cookies, homemade marshmallows, rum cake, gingerbread houses, etc!  We usually always make a Christmas ornament for our tree.  This year we stole the idea from the lab in Elemental Science's Chemistry that Flower did for an assignment.  We started making all sorts of Christmas figures out of pipe cleaners, made the Borax solution, waited 24 hrs, and we had beautiful crystal-like ornaments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!