Saturday, March 21, 2015

Our Review of Fix It Grammar

Bambi just finished up Week 8 of The Nose Tree, Fix It Grammar by IEW.  She absolutely loves it!  Already I can see the editing skills rolling into her writing.  We are using IEW Medieval themed writing this year and with now using Fix it, it just seems complete.  As of now, I don't foresee us going back to Analytical Grammar with Bambi.

Scheduling is so simple.  Checking work is so simple.  Along with the workbook that my child writes in, I also have her keep a 3-ring binder to store the vocabulary words and correctly rewritten sentences that eventually turns into a story.

New Week:  Days 1-4:
  • Go over the new material called Learn it.
  • Cut out any grammar cards.  Read over any you already have for review.
  • Student reads the sentence, looks up vocabulary word, writes the best choice                               definition on how the word is used in the sentence, add it to the vocabulary                                 list in the back of 3 ring binder.
  • Re-read the sentence, fix and mark the passage. Complete the rewrite after Mom checks for errors.
  • Done!
I usually do Day 1 along with Bambi.  After Day 1, she completes it on her own and I check once she is completed.  Working so far and no complaining!
                                     
Flower is almost completed with the Shakespeare themed Analytical Grammar high school practice book.  I may have her take a short break after she completes that and give her the placement for Fix it to see where she falls.  I'm assuming she may place in book 2 of Fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!