Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekly Literature Guideline Printout

I have created 2 different versions of our Weekly Literature Guides.  Making a lit guide for Bambi for every book was becoming a bit tedious and time consuming.  This creation is based on the ideas expressed in The Well Trained Mind 3rd edition as well as in our writing program  Excellence in Writing in the TWSS. (I do hope it was okay to use their materials in my guide.  I did note each of them in my footnote on each page)
I plan on using this guide for Bambi and Flower as their structured reading time, roughly an hour a day.  They of course will continue reading for pleasure other times of the day.  I will continue with Figuratively Speaking with my 5th grader, too!

I will most likely have Bambi choose her assigned reading books on a bit of an easier level (starting out) to use with this Weekly Lit Guide.  I would like to use some of the book suggestions for some fun activities on the LitWits Site!  She enjoys reading her historical fiction straight through without writing about it.  We will continue discussing what she has read using the helpful questions from SWB.

For Flower, Lightning Literature has pretty much been a breeze but she has been enjoying it.  She will use the Weekly Lit Guide as she reads her LL8 books.  She also enjoys reading her pleasure books uninterrupted and just having oral discussion with Mom.

Like I said, I made 2 versions.....they both have the same content but Version 1 is ideal to use in a 3 ring binder.  Version 2 is ideal to use in a spiral bound notebook.
Hope this can be helpful to your readers..... I look forward to seeing how helpful it is to my own readers as well as seeing how it strengthens their "deep thinking" reading skills and writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!