Saturday, January 25, 2014

Essentials in Writing Crack Up!!

I got a kick out of Thumper's writing assignment from Essentials in Writing grade 2 the other day!

In this lesson, I stepped away from the table to let Thumper do this on his own.  His assignment was to write about his mother or father, practicing using capitalization in sentences and names of people.  When I returned to the table I was amazed at how well he wrote and how humorous it was!  I knew he could do this on his own and now he knows that writing isn't so bad when you can make your mom giggle.


Essentials in Writing has shown Thumper that writing isn't as scary as he thought.  He is definitely building confidence in writing, spelling, and editing.  We are only on lesson 19 and I can't wait to see how much more his writing skills will flourish by the end of the book.  Writing has become an enjoyable part of Thumper's day.  I only assign it on Tuesday and Thursday, but since he has become fond of it recently, I may add a third day of writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!