I am planning away for our next school year which will begin on August 5th! I'll have an 8th, 5th, & 1st grader. I hope I can get it together. When you've got 3 to plan for, it takes time to get that planner the way you want it. I use an online planner called Scholaric. I love this planner! I am able to plan for the whole year and bump things earlier or later if we don't get things done on a certain day. For example, if I scheduled our IEW writing for Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday and my daughter wasn't feeling good that week, I could move what was scheduled those days to the following week. If you don't get to a history lesson on Monday....no problem! Just bump it to the next day! Simple as that. It also tracks grades & attendance which is a plus for me. Simply mark off the days & plug in their grades per lesson. Scholaric has definitely been a time saver for me with planning. My kids love having a printed weekly schedule to keep track of their studies. Say goodbye to pencil & paper! Take advantage of their free trial so you can get a feel on how to use it. You are charged a monthly fee per child and you can cancel at anytime if you decide it's not for you. No yearly subscriptions here!
I hope to get the Year 2013-2014 Page filled with the materials we are using this year sometime this weekend. I'll be taking new photos of our classroom since we've changed some things around. Main priority now though is to finish up with the planning! Hope everyone is having some success with planning their new school year!
I really enjoy getting ideas from your blog. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete