The other day my husband was walking along at the edge of our property and spotted an owl up in the tree......he called me to come down to get some pictures! I was right up under the tree maybe two foot from the base of it. I was a little bit nervous that the owl was going to jump on me. Whenever I moved, his head would follow me all the way around the tree. It was pretty freaky but amazing!
Our School Year
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Baby Birds & Screech Owls
This makes twice that I have removed a bird's nest from my jade plant that sits by my carport door. The bird just kept coming back and I didn't get the nest out of there in time....she layed 4 eggs in that nest! She has already kicked out 1 that sits outside of the nest. I have moved the whole plant stand to the side of the carport away from the door so we don't scare her away from her eggs. But really, with such a big yard and lots of trees....why did this house wren decide to start a family by my door?
The other day my husband was walking along at the edge of our property and spotted an owl up in the tree......he called me to come down to get some pictures! I was right up under the tree maybe two foot from the base of it. I was a little bit nervous that the owl was going to jump on me. Whenever I moved, his head would follow me all the way around the tree. It was pretty freaky but amazing!

This is a screech owl and though he looks big in the picture, he really was not very big. I was shocked how the picture made him look bigger than he was up close. Here is a website from Cornell Lab talking about Screech Owls.
The other day my husband was walking along at the edge of our property and spotted an owl up in the tree......he called me to come down to get some pictures! I was right up under the tree maybe two foot from the base of it. I was a little bit nervous that the owl was going to jump on me. Whenever I moved, his head would follow me all the way around the tree. It was pretty freaky but amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!