We are a house of BAKERS!! I think this is one of our favorite times of the year because we can get away with doing an excessive amount of baking without feeling guilty!! We make lots of different cookies, cakes (decorating cakes), breads, & our annual gingerbread houses!

We usually have an annual gingerbread house decorating party, but this year we are not. This year we are going to change things up a bit with our gingerbread houses......You can go back to last years post about our gingerbread house party to see how I made the little houses. We always make our main gingerbread house out of gingerbread, though, and not the graham crackers like the little houses. So, this year instead of "gingerbread" we are going to use "sturdy cardboard"!! I know, some of you may say that is cheating, but it will still have the same effect and even help with adding more detail. We have decided to make row houses so each of us will have our own to decorate, but it will all be connected.
Merry Christmas!
 |
| Making the rooftops |
 |
| Hot glue wax paper on the windows...tedious job! |
 |
| We designed a cardboard gingerbread chapel for my mother & grandmother to decorate for their home! |
 |
| I am so pleased at how beautiful it turned out....more than I had expected! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!