Though I'm not too thrilled with using RS4K Chemistry (middle school-Level1) with Thumper, it's working out okay with Bambi. We tweak it ALOT! We have added:
So, to begin a science lesson (3x week):
- Introduce with simple experiment from Simple Chemistry OR video from Discovery Education/Youtube.
- Read half of Chapter in RS4K.....Thumper reads a section out of Usborne book...
- We usually sketch/label a picture or Bambi takes notes.
- Read 2nd half of Chapter in RS4K....Thumper reads another section out of Usborne
- Sketch/Notes.....and/or
- Play games & interactives from Usborne book links.....they love doing this!
- I save RS4K experiments for Fridays mostly.....We go over Summary for RS4K Chapter
- Read/Discuss Basher or Eye Witness books.
- Scientist figures to add to timeline, if any.
This seems to have been our schedule so far this year and I think it's working out. It's been a little more planning than I've wanted this year....but I really wanted to incorporate Chemistry and Physical Science in the first part of the year....leaving any nature study and/or some life science towards the end of the year(because they love that so).
 |
| Pictures from RS4K Chapter 3 Experiment.....Chemical Reactions |
 |
| Milk & Lemon Juice react but precipitate......by the end of the experiment, the milk was curdled! Yuck! |

 |
| Egg whites and balsamic vinegar do not mix...(precipitate). |
 |
| They got a kick out of playing with baking soda & balsamic vinegar! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments to tell us how we're doing! If you have any questions, let us know! Thanks for stopping by!